Spring is in the air! Birds, Bees, Bright colors and of course flowers! Fun fact: 65% more people have fresh flowers in their homes and offices between the months of April, May and June then all other months. It is great buying and receiving fresh flowers, but all good things must come to an end. Unfortunately flowers have a short life span. However I have a solution! Save those wilted flowers and give then a new life!
1. Make wall art
- Press wilted flowers and frame the pieces on nice paper in a creative arrangement
2. Freshen up your drawers
- Place flower petals in small cotton or linen bags and toss them into your dresser drawer
3. Homemade potpourri
- Why but potpourri when you can make it for free? Get creative play around with different scents and colors
4. Dried flower candles
- Creativity is flowing what better to do then a DIY?! Place pressed flower petals on the outside surface of a candle and cover it in clear wax to keep petals in place.
5. Paint dried flowers
- Save the old flowers, once they are completely dried spay them with light primer. Let sit for 2 hours or until completely dry, then using acrylic spray paint spray away! Once your painted flowers are dry display them in a bold and interesting vase.
Don’t go overboard with saving all your flowers, eventually it can get overwhelming. On a rainy day when your looking to brighten up your home why not reuse old flowers?