- Use plate hangers to arrange an arch of plates above a bed, the mantel, or a doorway.
- Purchase small easels or specialty plate easels, so you can display decorative plates on any shelf or table.
- Display plates, bowls, and glasses neatly in a glass-fronted cabinet. To add extra drama, paint the interior of the cupboard in a contrasting color. Items will pop and look especially beautiful.
- Plate easels can also be employed in the glass cabinets so you see the decorative front part of the plates, instead of just the sides.
- Line your plates up artistically on a counter.
- Hang solid-colored plates on a patterned wall. The solid colors will really pop. But if the plate has an intricate design, make sure you hang it on a solid background.
- Arrange plates and bowls on open, stacked shelves. Distribute color and size around the arrangement evenly.
- Coordinating dishes can be displayed on a specialty plate rack, and hung as artwork.
- To add a touch of formality, arrange plates on the wall in a symmetrical pattern.
- Make use of your unmatched dishware. Place single plates under plants as decorative saucers. Use an odd teacup or bowl for a flower arrangement. Use a pretty plate in the bathroom as a soap dish.
- The right lighting will add drama to any plate display. Make sure that room lighting is not pointed directly towards a hanging plate, or it may cause a glare. Turn on the lights in the display cabinet. If your cabinet doesn’t have lighting, you can install low-voltage lights, or even attach an inexpensive stick-up type.
- Consider decorative plates for your outdoor space or patio. Decorative plates can add color and punch to any outdoor space.
It’s a shame to keep beautiful tableware out of sight. Find unique ways to display your items so you and your guests can enjoy them every day.
For more tips to inspire your space, sign up for our newsletter, Kreative Koncepts and download our FREE Six Tips to Creating a Feel Good Space exclusive interview with me here.